About printing allotments and credits
At Indiana University, IU Print student printing is funded through the Student Technology Fee, which provides students with a standard printing allotment enabling printing at no additional cost.
To check the balance of your allotment, recent account activity, and other details, see Check your allotment.
On this page:
- Full-time students and full/part-time faculty
- Part-time undergraduate students
- Standard print pricing
- Bonus credits
- Adding additional print credits
Your available allotment (balance) is displayed in non-refundable print credits. For example, one credit allows you 25 B&W pages, or 4 color pages.
Your printing allotment is updated within 2-3 business days before or after the start of each new semester.
Full-time students and full/part-time faculty
Part-time undergraduate students
Part-time undergraduates receive smaller allotments based upon the portion of the Student Technology Fee that they are assessed.
|1-3 credit hours||6.50|
|4-6 credit hours||13.00|
|Admitted, not yet enrolled||2.00|
Standard print pricing
Printing costs may vary by campus.
|B&W letter (simplex, 8.5x11)||0.04||0.04||0.04|
|B&W letter (duplex, 8.5x11)||0.08||0.08||0.07|
|B&W tabloid (simplex, 11x17)||0.08||0.08||0.08|
|B&W tabloid (duplex, 11x17)||0.16||0.16||0.15|
Color letter (simplex, 8.5x11)
|Color letter (duplex, 8.5x11)||0.50||0.50||0.49|
Color tabloid (simplex, 11x17)
|Color tabloid (duplex, 11x17)||1.00||1.00||0.99|
|Matte paper||Satin paper|
|Cost per square inch||$ .0057||$ .0065|
|Example: 3' x 4' plot||$9.92||$10.62|
- At the end of the semester, any unused bonus credits will be lost.
- To check eligibility, student organizations should review About computing accounts for IUB and IUPUI student organizations.
- Allotment rollover: Your unused allotment (up to a maximum of 12 credits) will automatically roll over into the following semester within the same academic year.
- AI bonus credits: Eligible Bloomington graduate students are granted bonus credits during the first month of the semester, after University Human Resources provides eligibility data. If your bonus credits haven't been granted 30 days after the start of the semester, your professor or academic department can email a request for the bonus credits on your behalf.
- Dissertation bonus credits: On the Bloomington campus, your faculty sponsor can email a bonus request on your behalf. The bonus credits are only available one time, and will be lost at the end of the academic year.
- Research bonus credits are granted upon request from your professor or academic unit. These credits are only available when your academic unit is unable to fund research-related printing.
- Residential bonus credits are granted to students, faculty, or staff who have a campus housing contract with Residential Programs and Services.
Adding additional print credits
Additional print credits are available for purchase to anyone with a valid IU account. You may wish to add additional print credits if you have exceeded your standard print allotment and need additional credit in order to continue printing; need to print to one of the plotters (where available); or are a faculty or staff member and wish to print in an STC or another IU Print location.
- Departments wishing to arrange for additional print credits for their faculty, staff, students, or visitors can email UITS Leveraged Services. To avoid delays, provide a departmental account number, the username of the individual or group, and the number of print credits needed.
- Students on all campuses except IUPUI can purchase additional print credits at IU Print via PayPal (with a PayPal account or the guest check-out option), or a charge to your bursar account. For details, see New Allotment & Payment Interface Changes (With PayPal & Bursar Payment Options).
Note:You'll only see the option to charge additional print credits to your bursar account if you are enrolled in classes in the current semester.
- Faculty and staff on all campuses except IUPUI can purchase additional print credits at IU Print via PayPal (with a PayPal account or the guest check-out option). Select your campus, and log in. For details, see New Allotment & Payment Interface Changes (With PayPal & Bursar Payment Options).
- All other customers should contact UITS Leveraged Services for details about purchasing supplemental allotments.
This is document aouh in the Knowledge Base.
Last modified on 2016-12-13 18:33:38.
- Fill out this form to submit your issue to the UITS Support Center.
- Please note that you must be affiliated with Indiana University to receive support.
- All fields are required.