About printing allotments and credits
At Indiana University, IU Print student printing is funded through the Student Technology Fee, which provides students with a standard printing allotment enabling printing at no additional cost.
To check the balance of your allotment, recent account activity, and other details, see Check your allotment.
On this page:
- Full-time students and full/part-time faculty
- Part-time undergraduate students
- Standard print pricing
- Bonus credits
- Adding additional print credits
Your available allotment (balance) is displayed in non-refundable print credits. For example, one credit allows you 25 B&W pages, or 4 color pages.
Your printing allotment is updated within 2-3 business days before or after the start of each new semester.
Full-time students and full/part-time faculty
Part-time undergraduate students
Part-time undergraduates receive smaller allotments based upon the portion of the Student Technology Fee that they are assessed.
|1-3 credit hours||6.50|
|4-6 credit hours||13.00|
|Admitted, not yet enrolled||2.00|
Standard print pricing
Printing costs may vary by campus.
|B&W letter (simplex, 8.5x11)||0.04||0.04||0.04|
|B&W letter (duplex, 8.5x11)||0.08||0.08||0.07|
|B&W tabloid (simplex, 11x17)||0.08||0.08||0.08|
|B&W tabloid (duplex, 11x17)||0.16||0.16||0.15|
Color letter (simplex, 8.5x11)
|Color letter (duplex, 8.5x11)||0.50||0.50||0.49|
Color tabloid (simplex, 11x17)
|Color tabloid (duplex, 11x17)||1.00||1.00||0.99|
|Matte paper||Satin paper|
|Cost per square inch||$ .0057||$ .0065|
|Example: 3' x 4' plot||$9.92||$10.62|
- At the end of the semester, any unused bonus credits will be lost.
- To check eligibility, student organizations should review About computing accounts for IUB and IUPUI student organizations.
- Allotment rollover: Your unused allotment (up to a maximum of 12 credits) will automatically roll over into the following semester within the same academic year.
- AI bonus credits: Eligible Bloomington graduate students will be granted the bonus upon request from their faculty sponsors. On the Bloomington campus, your faculty sponsor can email a bonus request on your behalf. The bonus credits are only available one time per semester, and will be lost at the end of the semester during which they were granted.
- Dissertation bonus credits: On the Bloomington campus, your faculty sponsor can email a bonus request on your behalf. The bonus credits are only available one time, and will be lost at the end of the academic year.
- Research bonus credits are granted upon request from your professor or academic unit. These credits are only available when your academic unit is unable to fund research-related printing.
- Residential bonus credits are granted to students, faculty, or staff who have a campus housing contract with Residential Programs and Services.
Adding additional print credits
Additional print credits are available for purchase to anyone with a valid IU account. You may wish to add additional print credits if you have exceeded your standard print allotment and need additional credit in order to continue printing; need to print to one of the plotters (where available); or are a faculty or staff member and wish to print in an STC or another IU Print location.
- Departments wishing to arrange for additional print credits for their faculty, staff, students, or visitors can email UITS Leveraged Services. To avoid delays, provide a departmental account number, the username of the individual or group, and the number of print credits needed.
- Students on all campuses except IUPUI can purchase additional print credits at IU Print via PayPal (with a PayPal account or the guest check-out option), or a charge to your bursar account. For details, see New Allotment & Payment Interface Changes (With PayPal & Bursar Payment Options).
Note:You'll only see the option to charge additional print credits to your bursar account if you are enrolled in classes in the current semester.
- Faculty and staff on all campuses except IUPUI can purchase additional print credits at IU Print via PayPal (with a PayPal account or the guest check-out option). Select your campus, and log in. For details, see New Allotment & Payment Interface Changes (With PayPal & Bursar Payment Options).
- All other customers should contact UITS Leveraged Services for details about purchasing supplemental allotments.
This is document aouh in the Knowledge Base.
Last modified on 2017-02-02 14:23:18.
- Fill out this form to submit your issue to the UITS Support Center.
- Please note that you must be affiliated with Indiana University to receive support.
- All fields are required.