About printing allotments and credits
At Indiana University, student printing is funded through the Student Technology Fee, historically enabling more than 85% of students to print at no additional cost. Registered students and faculty are automatically able to use print services. For more, see About IU Print.
To check the balance of your allotment, recent account activity, and other details, see Check your allotment.
On this page:
- Full-time students and full/part-time faculty
- Part-time undergraduate students
- Standard print pricing
- Bonus credits
- Adding additional print credits
About allotments and print credits
Your available allotment (balance) is displayed in non-refundable print credits. For example, one credit (the equivalent of $1) allows you 25 B&W pages, or 4 color pages.
Your new printing allotment will be updated within 2-3 business days before or after the start of each new semester.
Full-time students and full/part-time faculty
Part-time undergraduate students
Part-time undergraduates receive smaller allotments based upon the portion of the Student Technology Fee that they are assessed.
|1-3 credit hours||6.50|
|4-6 credit hours||13.00|
|Admitted, not yet enrolled||2.00|
Standard print pricing
Printing costs may vary by campus.
|B&W letter (simplex, 8.5x11)||0.04||0.04||0.04|
|B&W letter (duplex, 8.5x11)||0.08||0.08||0.07|
|B&W tabloid (simplex, 11x17)||0.08||0.08||0.08|
|B&W tabloid (duplex, 11x17)||0.16||0.16||0.15|
Color letter (simplex, 8.5x11)
|Color letter (duplex, 8.5x11)||0.50||0.50||0.49|
Color tabloid (simplex, 11x17)
|Color tabloid (duplex, 11x17)||1.00||1.00||.99|
- At the end of the semester, any unused bonus credits will be lost.
- To check eligibility, student organizations should review About computing accounts for IUB and IUPUI student organizations.
- Rollover allows you to transfer up to 12 unused credits from the previous semester within the same academic year.
- AI bonus credits are granted to eligible Bloomington graduate students during the first month of the semester, after University Human Resources provides eligibility data. If your bonus credits haven't been granted 30 days after the start of the semester, your professor or academic department can contact UITS Leveraged Services requesting the bonus credits on your behalf.
- Dissertation bonus credits on the Bloomington campus requires your faculty sponsor to send a bonus request to UITS Leveraged Services. The bonus credits are only available one time and will be lost at the end of the academic year.
- Research bonus credits are granted upon request from your professor or academic unit. These credits are only available when your academic unit is unable to fund research-related printing.
- Residential bonus credits are granted to students, faculty, or staff who have a campus housing contract with Residential Programs and Services.
Adding additional print credits
Additional print credits are available for purchase to anyone with a valid IU username. You might want to consider adding additional print credits if:
- You have exceeded your standard print allotment and need additional credit in order to continue printing.
- You want to print to one of the plotters (where available).
- You are a faculty or staff member and want to use Student Technology Center printers.
Additional print credits are available in increments of five, and are non-refundable. Unused print credits are carried over into upcoming semesters and are not lost at the end of an academic year.
- Departments wishing to arrange for additional print credits for their faculty, staff, students, or visitors can email UITS Leveraged Services. To avoid delays, provide a departmental account number, the username of the individual or group, and the number of print credits needed.
- Students on select campuses can purchase additional print credits at IU Print. Select your campus, and log in.
- All other customers should contact UITS Leveraged Services for details about purchasing supplemental allotments.
This is document aouh in the Knowledge Base.
Last modified on 2015-11-12.
- Fill out this form to submit your issue to the UITS Support Center.
- Please note that you must be affiliated with Indiana University to receive support.
- All fields are required.