Research and high-performance computing
The following is a small selection of content. For more, search the full Knowledge Base.
On this page:
- Research computing systems
- Running programs
- Storing data
- Data transfers
- HIPAA compliance
Research computing systems
- Big Red II at Indiana University
- Karst at Indiana University
- Mason at Indiana University
- The Research Database Complex (RDC) at Indiana University
- IU Cyberinfrastructure Gateway
- Execution environments on Big Red II at IU: Extreme Scalability Mode (ESM) and Cluster Compatibility Mode (CCM)
- At IU, what software is available on the research computing systems?
- What statistical and mathematical software packages are available on IU's supercomputers?
- On Big Red II, Karst, and Mason at IU, how do I use Modules to manage my software environment?
- Software supported by NCGAS
- What compilers are available on the IU research systems?
- Queue information for IU research computing systems
- How do I run batch jobs on Big Red II at IU?
- How do I run interactive jobs on Big Red II at IU?
- On Big Red II at IU, how do I run OpenMP or hybrid OpenMP/MPI jobs?
- On Big Red II at IU, how do I use PCP to bundle multiple serial jobs to run them in parallel?
- How do I forward resource limits from my shell to my batch job on Big Red II at IU?
- What is TORQUE, and how do I use it to submit and manage jobs on high-performance computing systems?
- For batch jobs on Big Red II, Karst, or Mason at IU, how do I specify the required parallel file systems?
- How do I monitor memory and CPU usage on Karst, Mason, or Big Red II?
- How do I use the IU Cyberinfrastructure Gateway to monitor batch jobs on Big Red II, Karst, and Mason?
- The Scholarly Data Archive (SDA) at Indiana University
- The Data Capacitor II and DC-WAN high-speed file systems at Indiana University
- At IU, what types of sensitive institutional data are appropriate for the Scholarly Data Archive?
- On IU's research systems, how much allocated and short-term storage capacity is available to me?
- At IU, what types of sensitive institutional data are appropriate for the research computing systems?
- In Unix, how do I use SCP to securely transfer files between two computers?
- What is SFTP, and how do I use it to transfer files?
- How do I use the IU Cyberinfrastructure Gateway to transfer data?
- At IU, how do I use SFTP or SCP to access my SDA account?
- At IU, how do I use HSI to access my SDA account?
- At IU, how do I use HTAR with my SDA account?
- At IU, what visualization facilities, systems, applications, and collaborative consulting services do the AVL provide?
- IQ-Wall at Indiana University
- Ultra-High Resolution Display Wall at IUPUI
- Virtual Reality Theater at IUPUI
- Visualization and Collaborative Theater at Indiana University
- What systems and services does UITS Research Technologies provide for researchers working with data containing HIPAA-regulated PHI?
- When using UITS Research Technologies systems and services, what are my legal responsibilities for protecting the privacy and security of data containing protected health information (PHI)?
- At IU, which dedicated file storage services and IT services with storage components are appropriate for sensitive institutional data, including research data containing protected health information?
- Recommended tools for encrypting data containing HIPAA-regulated PHI
- At IU, where can I find information about IRB requirements for research that involves HIPAA-regulated PHI?
- Requirements for working with research data collected from human subjects
- What are the XSEDE and XSEDE 2.0 projects?
- What types of XSEDE allocations are available?
- How do I apply for a new XSEDE allocation?
- What is the XSEDE User Portal, and how do I create an account?
- User guides for XSEDE digital services
- On XSEDE, how are compute jobs charged?
- What is the XSEDE Compatible Basic Cluster (XCBC)?
- How do I get help with XSEDE?
- Where can I get help using IU's supercomputers?
- At IU, what research computing services are available?
- At IU, where can I get help with advanced multimedia projects or interactive data visualization?
- Finding help for statistical and mathematical computing at IU
- The National Center for Genome Analysis Support (NCGAS)
- The Open Science Grid Operations Center
- At IU, where can I get computing help for biomedical research?
- At IU, where can I get help with GIS or remote sensing?
- On IU's research systems, how can I recover deleted or corrupted files?
- At IU, where can I find information about HIPAA compliance training?
This is document apes in the Knowledge Base.
Last modified on 2017-02-22 12:49:09.
- Fill out this form to submit your issue to the UITS Support Center.
- Please note that you must be affiliated with Indiana University to receive support.
- All fields are required.