Getting started with Box at IU
For an introduction, see About Box at IU.
On this page:
- Important notes before creating and using your IU Box account
- Creating and setting up your IU Box account
- Beginning tips
Important notes before creating and using your IU Box account
- If you already have a free personal Box account, or for more about the differences between the free and IU enterprise Box services, see Comparing enterprise and personal Box accounts.
Box accounts created with an email address in any of the following domains will be IU enterprise Box accounts:
- If you plan on using desktop sync, be aware of the volume of files you are uploading. For most users who upload files of a moderate number or size, the web interface is sufficient.
If you have not already done so, be sure to read Box acceptable use responsibilities to review your responsibilities as an enterprise Box user. Use of the service indicates acceptance of the stated terms.
Creating and setting up your IU Box account
If you've already received a Box file sharing request, see About accepting a Box sharing request from someone.
- Before using your new account, be sure to revise the default account settings for security purposes; see How do I securely set up my IU Box account?
- About Box at IU
- Sharing files on Box
- Best practices for Box at IU
- About Box Sync
- For Box at IU, where can I get help?
- Box at IU help menu
- For basics on topics such as uploading/downloading files and managing files and folders, see Box Community. Also, register for instructor-led online training.
This is document bccq in the Knowledge Base.
Last modified on 2015-11-10.
- Fill out this form to submit your issue to the UITS Support Center.
- Please note that you must be affiliated with Indiana University to receive support.
- All fields are required.