The following is a small selection of content. For more, search the full Knowledge Base.
On this page:
- Passwords and passphrases
- Using computers and devices securely
- Securing your mobile devices
- Safeguarding information
Passwords and passphrases
Using computers and devices securely
- Tips for staying safe online
- What is Two-Step Login (Duo) and how does it work?
- What are my responsibilities as a computer user at IU?
- What is security software?
- How can I secure my home wireless network?
- How can I be sure that a website is genuine?
- What are phishing scams and how can I avoid them?
- About phishing education at Indiana University
- How can I have my IU-networked computer scanned for security vulnerabilities?
- At IU, how can I see my login activity?
- How can I tell if someone outside the U.S. has logged into my IU account?
- At IU, how do I report a suspected information or information technology (IT) security issue?
- How can I securely wipe disk drives?
Securing your mobile devices
- How can I protect data on my mobile device?
- How can I secure my iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch?
- How can I secure my BlackBerry 10 device?
- How can I secure my Android OS device?
- How can I secure my Windows Phone or Windows Mobile device?
- About working with institutional data at IU
- What is sensitive data, and how is it protected by law?
- About securing messages with a digital signature (using S/MIME) at IU
- How can I determine if my Social Security number or other sensitive information is secure?
- How can I avoid identity theft online?
- What is Identity Finder?
This is document hack in the Knowledge Base.
Last modified on 2016-09-28 10:29:13.
- Fill out this form to submit your issue to the UITS Support Center.
- Please note that you must be affiliated with Indiana University to receive support.
- All fields are required.