At IU, if I already have some computing accounts, how do I get others?
On this page:
- You are eligible to create computing accounts and access information technology services at Indiana University; for eligibility requirements, see What computing accounts are available at IU, and for whom?
- You have already created your IU basic computing accounts; if you
haven't, or you are a former student returning to IU after an absence
(e.g., a graduate student who was once an IU undergraduate), see About creating first computing accounts for admitted students,
faculty, staff, and affiliates.
For group accounts, see Requesting IU computing accounts for groups or departments. For student organization accounts, see About computing accounts for IUB and IUPUI student organizations.
- Individual accounts:
In a fresh browser (i.e., in a browser in which you have not logged in using the Central Authentication Service), navigate to https://access.iu.edu/Accounts. Log into CAS using your group account credentials.
- You will see listed the accounts you are eligible to create. Select the appropriate account, and follow the prompts.
To preview the questions you will need to answer when creating accounts on IU systems, such as Big Red II and Karst, see When requesting additional computing accounts, what questions will I need to answer?
This is document achr in the Knowledge Base.
Last modified on 2016-01-28.
- Fill out this form to submit your issue to the UITS Support Center.
- Please note that you must be affiliated with Indiana University to receive support.
- All fields are required.