About wireless connections to the Internet at IU
On this page:
- The IU Secure wireless network
- Wireless for IU visitors
- Wireless networks for departments
- Wireless locations on campus
The IU Secure wireless network
IU Secure is the wireless network for students, faculty, and staff to access on all campuses. IU Secure uses WPA2 Enterprise (Wi-Fi Protected Access) for authentication and encryption.
Wireless for IU visitors
- Visitors to IU (e.g., parents, event attendees) can use the AT&T wireless service free of charge on all campuses. See How can IU visitors connect to AT&T wireless free of charge?
- Visitors from eduroam member institutions can connect to the "eduroam" wireless network on the IUB and IUPUI campuses. See About eduroam at Indiana University.
Wireless networks for departments
For details, see At IU, how can my department set up a wireless network?
Wireless locations on campus
Wireless access is widely available on IU campuses.
The IU Secure wireless network is available in most IU Bloomington and IUPUI campus residences. You may operate a properly configured, FCC-approved wireless access point (WAP) as an exception to the Extending the University Data Network (IT-19) and Wireless Networking (IT-20) policies from the University Information Policy Office (UIPO) only if your residence is listed at Wireless Networking: Temporary Exception 2 (ITE20-02). Once IU Secure is available in your residence, this exception will no longer apply and you will need to remove your WAP from the network. See At IUB, if my campus residence does not yet have IU Secure wireless network access, how do I configure a wireless access point?
This is document akbr in the Knowledge Base.
Last modified on 2015-05-10.
- Fill out this form to submit your issue to the UITS Support Center.
- Please note that you must be affiliated with Indiana University to receive support.
- All fields are required.