About IU Secure wireless
IU Secure is the wireless network for students, faculty, staff, and affiliates to access on all Indiana University campuses (except Indiana University-Purdue University Fort Wayne). IU Secure uses WPA2 Enterprise (Wi-Fi Protected Access) for authentication and encryption.
For details about connecting to IU Secure, see the appropriate instructions for your operating system or device:
Recent changes for connecting to IU Secure
On May 10, 2015, UITS eliminated the MAC registration requirement for connecting to IU Secure for students at IUB, IUPUI, and IUN.
Previously, MAC registration ensured that students ran Get Connected as part of a security check, and also helped with the device's profile configuration. To continue addressing these functions:
- Although MAC address registration is no longer required for IU Secure wireless on the IUB and IUPUI campuses for most devices, gaming devices still need to register before using either IU DeviceNet or a wired connection.
- IUB and IUPUI:
- The IU StartHere wireless network (SSID) provides the option to download and run the IU Secure Setup Wizard.
- An Access Control List (ACL) for students, similar to the one used for the campus border filter, has been placed on the wireless controllers. Web browsing and access to all IU resources is available by default; faculty and staff retain full wireless access and are not limited by the student ACL.
- The small number of students who may need access beyond what the ACL allows can request an exception; see At IUB and IUPUI, how can students have direct network access to databases and/or remote desktop?
This is document awws in the Knowledge Base.
Last modified on 2015-08-19.
- Fill out this form to submit your issue to the UITS Support Center.
- Please note that you must be affiliated with Indiana University to receive support.
- All fields are required.