About IU Secure wireless
IU Secure is the wireless network for students, faculty, staff, and affiliates to access on all Indiana University campuses (except Indiana University-Purdue University Fort Wayne). IU Secure uses WPA2 Enterprise (Wi-Fi Protected Access) for authentication and encryption.
Connecting to IU Secure
To connect to IU Secure, follow these basic steps:
- Find and click the IU Secure SSID.
- Enter your IU username and passphrase.
- If asked to accept a certificate, click .
- If you have trouble, make sure your username and passphrase are correct. If that's not the problem, contact your campus Support Center.
For further details about connecting to IU Secure, see the appropriate instructions for your operating system or device:
If you have a Windows, Mac OS X, or iOS device, you can automatically set up your wireless profile by downloading and running the IU Secure Setup Wizard.
An Access Control List (ACL) for students, similar to the one used for the campus border filter, has been placed on the wireless controllers. Web browsing and access to all IU resources is available by default; faculty and staff retain full wireless access and are not limited by the student ACL.
The small number of students who may need access beyond what the ACL allows can request an exception; see Using OnGuard for students who need direct network access to databases and/or remote desktop.
This is document awws in the Knowledge Base.
Last modified on 2017-01-17 09:56:41.
- Fill out this form to submit your issue to the UITS Support Center.
- Please note that you must be affiliated with Indiana University to receive support.
- All fields are required.