How do I set up and use IUanyWare?
Follow these instructions to access IUanyWare from various devices.
On this page:
- Windows and Mac OS
- iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch
- Android devices
- BlackBerry devices
- Surface tablets, Windows RT, Windows Phone
- Google Chromebook
Windows and Mac OS
- You should be running Windows Vista or later, or Mac OS X 10.6 or later.
- UITS recommends using Internet Explorer (Windows) or Safari (Mac OS X) when installing the default Citrix Receiver. Once the installation is complete, use the browser of your choice.
The correct IUanyWare URL is https://iuanyware.iu.edu; to avoid misleading warning messages, always use the
https://prefix for a secure connection.
Following these instructions, IUanyWare will automatically download the latest supported Citrix Receiver. UITS does not support use of any other version.
- Go to:
Log in with your Network ID username and passphrase. The first time you visit the site, you'll see a box that reads "Click Install to access your applications."
- Make sure
You will be redirected to https://receiver.citrix.com, which will determine your OS and provide you with a link to download and install. is
selected, if vislble. Click .
- If a box reading "Confirm installation is complete" appears, click . If you see, "A website wants to open web content using this program on your computer" with the option , select it. Click .
- If an instruction box appears in your browser, follow the instructions and then select . You'll be taken to the main menu of IUanyWare, where you will find folders containing your IUanyWare applications.
After installation, you can access IUanyWare either through your browser or through the Citrix Receiver:
- Using a web browser
Log into IUanyWare. Software applications will appear as icons inside folders organized by category; for instance, you will find Microsoft Word 2013 under
Office Toolsand then
Microsoft Office 2013. Click an icon to run the virtualized application; when you've finished, close it normally.
Note: For some browser versions, you may wish to add
https://iuanyware.iu.edu/to your trusted sites list, to avoid having to approve each launch of an IUanyWare application. Check your browser help for instructions.
- Using the Citrix Receiver in
On a Windows computer, the most direct way to access IUanyWare is via the Citrix Receiver. You can configure a custom menu of IUanyWare applications, available from your Windows Start screen/menu.
Note: Only IUanyWare applications moved to your custom menu will launch automatically when you select the appropriate icon. Files associated with locally installed applications will launch the local instance of that application.
To set up your custom menu:
- From the Windows Start screen or menu, click the icon.
- You'll see a message reading "You do not have any accounts enabled. Click OK to open preferences." Click .
- In the "Edit Accounts" window, click .
- In the "Add Account" window, enter a name (e.g.,
IUanyWare") and, if you like, a description.
- Next to "URL:", enter
https://iu-cv-wib.uits.indiana.edu. Click twice.
- The Citrix Receiver custom menu will open. Log in with
ADS\your-usernameand your passphrase. If desired, check .
- Click .
From the Citrix Receiver window, click theicon to add apps. Select a folder to see its applications. Click an application to copy it to the menu.
- Using the Citrix Receiver in Mac
- Open the Citrix Receiver application.
- The application will ask for a work email or server address. Use
https://iuanyware.iu.edu, as the work email option is not yet available.
- A setup box will pop up. Log in with
ADS\your-usernameand your passphrase.
- You can now click the plus icon and add files to your receiver. Once an application is added to the Citrix Receiver you can launch it just like any other application installed on the device.
iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch
Note: The Citrix Receiver for iOS does not currently recognize passphrases longer than 32 characters in length. Also, be sure your device is running iOS 4.2 or later.
To install and use the Citrix Receiver on your iOS device:
- Search the Apple App Store for "Citrix Receiver" to find the appropriate app, and install it as you would any other.
- Tap the Citrix Receiver app to launch it.
- Tap to open the "New Account" screen. On the bottom left, tap the icon next to "Options", and then tap .
- Next to "Address", enter
- Next to "Description", enter a custom service description (e.g.,
IUanyWare), or use the default.
- Select , and then select .
- Enter your Network ID credentials. For the domain, enter
- Make sure "Security Token" is set to . Tap .
- Tap (or the description you entered above) to access the apps available to your account.
Note: These instructions pertain to the latest version of the Citrix Receiver (version 3.4.13). Depending on which version of Android your device is running, you may not be prompted for all parameters. For best results, perform a manual setup.
Click the image to watch an episode of UITS Tech Bytes demonstrating how to set up IUanyWare on your Android device.
To install and use the Citrix Receiver on your Android device:
- Search the app store on your device (usually Google Play) for "Citrix Receiver" to find the appropriate app, and install it as you would any other.
- Tap the Citrix Receiver app to launch it.
- On the "Welcome" screen, tap .
- On the Citrix Receiver "Add Account" screen, do not fill in the "Server or e-mail address" field. Instead, tap your Menu icon or button, and select .
- For "Address", enter
- For "Type", select from the drop-down menu.
- For "Description", accept the default or (optionally) enter
- Enter your IU username and (optionally) your passphrase.
- In the "Domain" field, enter
- Make sure the "Gateway Type" is . (If not, use the drop-down menu to correct it.)
- Make sure the "Authentication Type" is . (If not, use the drop-down menu to correct it.)
- Tap .
- To select the IUanyWare applications you would like on the Citrix Receiver home screen, tap the tab. To remove an application from the home screen, hold down the icon until the drop-down menu appears, and then select .
Note: For smartphones, be sure your device is running BlackBerry OS 4.6 or later. For the PlayBook, be sure it is running PlayBook OS 1.0.7 or later.
To install and use the Citrix Receiver on your BlackBerry device:
- Search the BlackBerry App World store for "Citrix Receiver" to find the appropriate app, and install it as you would any other.
- Tap the Citrix app to launch it.
- On a BlackBerry PlayBook, tap . On a BlackBerry smartphone, select .
- For the domain, enter
ads. For the server address, enter
https://iuanyware.iu.edu. Enter a description, such as
IUanyWare, or use the default. Enter your Network ID username and passphrase.
On a BlackBerry smartphone:
- Check .
- For "Gateway Type", select .
- For "Gateway Authentication", select .
On a BlackBerry PlayBook, for "Options", select.
- Save the configuration.
- On a PlayBook, tap . On a BlackBerry smartphone, tap . Tap the description you entered above to access the apps available to your account.
- If your BlackBerry asks you to allow certain features before granting access, select .
Surface tablets, Windows RT, Windows Phone
These instructions are written for the Microsoft Surface/Surface 2 tablet; they also apply to any ARM-based tablet, smartphone, or PC running Windows RT or Windows Phone. See "Versions and upgrades" in About Windows 8.x at IU: System requirements, availability, versions.
Note: While this Citrix Receiver will run under Windows 8.x, it is not as full-featured as the Citrix Receiver currently supported for traditional Windows clients; see How do I set up and use IUanyWare?
To install the Citrix Receiver on your Surface/other Windows RT device/Windows Phone:
- Search the Windows Store for "Citrix Receiver", and install as you would any other app. From the Start screen, tap .
- When prompted to "Enter your work e-mail or server address:",
https://iuanyware.iu.eduand tap .
- When prompted, enter your Network ID username and passphrase, and then tap .
- On the right side of the screen, for "Domain\User:", type
ads\followed by your IU username. For "Password:", type your Network ID passphrase. You may check the box, if you'd like. Then tap .
- You will be prompted to add your favorite apps. Tap in the bottom right corner of the screen.
- A new screen will appear with all the IUanyWare applications available to you. One at a time, select the apps you expect to use frequently. These apps will appear on the main screen of your Citrix Receiver each time you log on to IUanyWare.
- When you are done, tap the back arrow in the top left corner of the screen to return to your default "My Apps" screen. To launch an application, tap it.
- To remove an app from this screen, flick the upper corner of the app icon (or right-click if using a mouse); a checkmark will appear in the corner. Tap in the bottom left corner of the screen.
- To add additional apps, swipe the screen background from the top or bottom edge towards the center (or right-click the background if using a mouse), select in the bottom right corner, and then repeat the steps above.
The Google Chromebook resembles a netbook, but uses Google's Chrome OS rather than Windows. Chrome OS is built around the Chrome browser.
Note: The Citrix Receiver for the Chromebook is an early version which is not currently compatible with IUanyWare. No estimate is currently available for when the Citrix Receiver for Chromebook and IUanyWare will be compatible.
This is document bclt in the Knowledge Base.
Last modified on 2015-02-16.
- Fill out this form to submit your issue to the UITS Support Center.
- Please note that you must be affiliated with Indiana University to receive support.
- All fields are required.