About moving your Cyrus (Webmail) account to Exchange
UITS will shut down the Cyrus (Webmail) email system on or after September 30, 2015; see About the Cyrus (Webmail) retirement. The retirement process began on February 2, and included the release of a tool to automatically migrate email from Cyrus. If you have a Cyrus account or are responsible for a group account, you should take the following steps to ensure continued access to your messages and data.
- If you have already transferred messages from Cyrus to
an Exchange account, or if you do not want to keep
any of the messages from your Cyrus account: You do not
need to do anything at this time.
If you want to unsubscribe from future email communications about the retirement, follow the directions at:
If you have requested an automated migration, you will automatically be unsubscribed from further communications when your migration is complete.
- If you have not transferred messages from Cyrus to an
Exchange account: Follow the instructions below.
- Prepare your mail accounts by removing existing forwards and noting or exporting existing rules, contacts, or settings.
- If you do not have one, create an Exchange account.
- Set your preferred email service to Exchange, and forward any mail sent directly to your Cyrus account.
- Transfer email that you want to keep from your Cyrus account to Exchange:
For help, contact your campus Support Center.
Prepare your mail accounts
- If you already have an Exchange account, make sure you are not forwarding your Exchange mail to Cyrus. You can view and remove Exchange forwards through either Outlook for Windows or OWA; see In Microsoft Outlook for Windows, or in Outlook Web App (OWA), how do I automatically forward all of my IU email to another address?
- Note any existing Cyrus filtering rules so that you can make similar rules within your Exchange account, if desired. See At IU, how can I filter my incoming Cyrus mail?
- If you use contact lists within Webmail, export them to a CSV format, which can be imported into another mail program. See At IU, how do I migrate my Webmail contacts to my Exchange account?
- If you are migrating a shared (group) account that uses permissions to control access to folders by username, note those settings so that you can replicate them in your group Exchange account.
Create an Exchange account
If you do not already have an Exchange account, you will need to create one through the Account Management Service (AMS). See At IU, what are Exchange accounts, and how do I get one?
You may need to wait up to 24 hours for your Exchange account to become active; when it does, proceed to the next step.
Set your preferred email service to Exchange
Register Exchange as your preferred service with the Account Management Service (AMS). This notifies the IU mail servers where to deliver mail addressed to your primary IU email address. Until you've made this change, you will have to regularly check both your Cyrus and your Exchange accounts for new messages.
- Go to the Account Management Service.
- Click . Click and then .
- Under "Forward your IU e-mail", select and, from the drop-down list, select .
- At the bottom of the page, click .
You might want to set a forwarding rule on your Cyrus account, so that mail sent directly to that account (instead of to your IU email address) can be directed to your Exchange account; see In Cyrus mail, how do I set up or remove forwarding?
Transfer email that you want to keep
Request an automatic migration
After you have created an Exchange account and set your mail forwarding, you can request an automatic migration of all of your Cyrus messages. See About the Cyrus (Webmail) automated email migration.
Your account will be placed on a schedule to be migrated with an automated tool; you will be notified by email when you are scheduled, just before your migration is to begin, and when it is complete. You will also be unsubscribed from further communications about the Cyrus retirement. Migration of all your messages may take up to two business days.
Move your messages yourself
To manually move your Cyrus messages, see How can I manually move messages from Cyrus (Webmail) to an Exchange account?
Your Exchange account is ready to use, and you can now re-create your rules and settings from before, if desired, or import a contact list; see your email client's Support Center for assistance; use ITHelpLive if you need a Support Center consultant to work on your computer remotely.menu for instructions. Contact your campus
This is document bdwn in the Knowledge Base.
Last modified on 2015-09-30.
- Fill out this form to submit your issue to the UITS Support Center.
- Please note that you must be affiliated with Indiana University to receive support.
- All fields are required.