About the Adobe Connect retirement
Adobe Connect, Indiana University's web collaboration and conferencing system, will be retired in 2017. If you use Adobe Connect, you should take steps to preserve any archived meeting recordings you wish to keep.
Zoom has been selected to replace Adobe Connect and is currently available to all IU students, faculty, and staff. UITS encourages you to establish a Zoom account and become familiar with the service before Connect is retired; for help getting started, see At IU, what is Zoom, and how do I use it?
For more about the results of the Zoom pilot, see the Zoom @ IU Evaluation Report of the Pilot Implemented in 2015-2016.
On this page:
- Suggested actions
- Getting help
The transition from Adobe Connect to Zoom will move through the following phases:
- Preparation phase (February 1-August 31, 2017): During this period, Adobe Connect will continue to be available for web conferencing and collaboration.
- Read-only phase (September 1-December 28, 2017): In Adobe Connect's read-only phase, you will be able to access and download previously created recordings and content, but will be unable to conduct live meetings.
- Connect fully retired (December 29, 2017): Adobe Connect will no longer be available, and you will be unable to log in or retrieve your content.
Archiving Adobe Connect meeting recordings
If you have meeting recordings on the Adobe Connect server that you want to keep, you can download them and republish them to a new location. For instance, you can upload your recordings to Kaltura; Kaltura videos are accessible through your Canvas course site(s), or you can add them to web pages via links or embed codes. All videos uploaded to Kaltura will be automatically machine captioned.
To make an offline recording of an Adobe Connect meeting, see How can I download an MP4 version of my Adobe Connect recording? For instructions for uploading the resulting MP4 file to Kaltura, see Uploading media to Kaltura MediaSpace.
Exporting Adobe Presenter recordings
To export an Adobe Presenter recording:
- Navigate to https://connect.iu.edu and log in with your IU username and passphrase.
- From the top menu bar, choose .
- Click the Presenter recording you wish to download and then, from the "Content Information" menu bar at the top of the page, select .
- You will see several options for files to download. The
.zipfile under the "Source Files" heading contains the audio files for each slide. The
.pptxfile under the "Source Files" heading is your original PowerPoint file. Click to download each source file.
- Unzip the
.zipfile, and add the
.pptxfile to the folder with the unzipped files. When you open the
.pptxfile in PowerPoint with the Adobe Presenter plugin, you will be able to republish your presentation to your computer.
For help with preserving your Adobe Connect or Presenter recordings and transitioning to Zoom:
- Contact your campus Support Center.
- Schedule a consultation with your campus teaching and learning center.
- Attend an IT Training workshop or webinar.
This is document anxl in the Knowledge Base.
Last modified on 2017-02-07 20:39:31.
- Fill out this form to submit your issue to the UITS Support Center.
- Please note that you must be affiliated with Indiana University to receive support.
- All fields are required.