CrimsonCard is the new official photo ID card for all Indiana University campuses that will be issued to all IU students, employees, and affiliates. It will provide access to essential university services, including printing, meal plans, libraries, and recreational sports facilities, as well as secure entry to campus buildings and residence halls. The CrimsonCard will also be accepted as payment by more than 250 retailers across the state.
Production of the CrimsonCard will begin in April 2017 with students, employees, and affiliates who need initial or replacement IDs. Current IU cardholders will be permitted, but not required, to upgrade at that time. A re-carding schedule will be implemented on each IU campus during the fall 2017 semester to ensure CrimsonCards are issued in an efficient and timely manner.
Current campus ID cards on all IU campuses will continue to work in all capacities until at least summer 2018.
Getting a CrimsonCard
Beginning April 2017, you will be able to get a CrimsonCard by bringing the following to any Campus Card Services location:
- Your existing campus ID card
- A government-issued photo ID
- Your 10-digit University ID number
A new photo will be taken for all CrimsonCards that are issued.
Charges for CrimsonCard will be determined as follows:
- New employees and students: The initial CrimsonCard for new IU employees and students will be provided at no cost to the cardholder.
- Current employees and students: If you bring in your current campus ID, there will be no cost to receive the CrimsonCard. If you cannot produce your current campus ID, a replacement fee will be charged.
This is document aobi in the Knowledge Base.
Last modified on 2017-03-13 15:47:27.
- Fill out this form to submit your issue to the UITS Support Center.
- Please note that you must be affiliated with Indiana University to receive support.
- All fields are required.