IU Secure wireless connections: Mac OS X
To gain full Internet access for your device on the IU network, you need to register the device's MAC address. Before doing so, your device will not receive an IP address that allows a successful Internet connection.
You can use the IU Secure Setup Wizard for Mac OS X and iOS, or do a manual configuration:
- From the AirPort menu, select .
- When prompted, enter your IU Network ID.
- When prompted to verify the certificate, click
and verify that:
- The certificate is signed by "Thawte Primary Root CA".
- The certificate name is
Note: Due to a bug in Leopard, you may be prompted to verify the certificate more than once. You should not have to verify the certificate more than twice. and click
- You should now be connected to the IU Secure SSID; if you are prompted for your credentials again, enter your IU Network ID.
This is document awxo in the Knowledge Base.
Last modified on 2015-01-06.
- Fill out this form to submit your issue to the UITS Support Center.
- Please note that you must be affiliated with Indiana University to receive support.
- All fields are required.