IU Secure wireless connections: iOS (iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad)
IU Secure is the wireless network for students, faculty, and staff to access on all campuses. IU Secure uses WPA2 Enterprise (Wi-Fi Protected Access) for authentication and encryption.
Apple uses the term iPhone to refer to the software and configuration of the iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad. Here, iPhone describes all these devices.
Enabling your iPhone to use IU Secure
- From the main screen, tap , and then tap .
- Under "Choose a Network...", tap .
- Next to "Username" and "Password", enter your IU Network ID credentials. Tap .
- You will be prompted to accept the
net-auth-1.noc.iu.eduClient Authentication certificate. Verify that the certificate says "Thawte Primary Root CA" under
net-auth-1.noc.iu.edu. The certificate will be red and labeled "not verified"; this is normal. Tap .
Once you have accepted the certificate, you will be authenticated to the IU Secure network, and a check will appear next toon the "Wi-Fi Networks" screen.
- Open Safari to complete the registration process.
After completing these steps, in the future your device should automatically select the IU Secure network.
This is document axhr in the Knowledge Base.
Last modified on 2015-05-10.
- Fill out this form to submit your issue to the UITS Support Center.
- Please note that you must be affiliated with Indiana University to receive support.
- All fields are required.