IU Secure wireless connections: iOS (iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad)
IU Secure is the wireless network for students, faculty, and staff to access on all campuses. IU Secure uses WPA2 Enterprise (Wi-Fi Protected Access) for authentication and encryption.
Enabling your iPhone to use IU Secure
- From the main screen, tap , and then tap .
- Under "Choose a Network...", tap .
- Next to "Username" and "Password", enter your IU Network ID credentials. Tap .
- You will be prompted to accept the
net-auth-1.noc.iu.eduClient Authentication certificate. Verify that the certificate says "Thawte Primary Root CA" under
net-auth-1.noc.iu.edu. The certificate will be red and labeled "not verified"; this is normal. Tap .
Once you have accepted the certificate, you will be authenticated to the IU Secure network, and a check will appear next toon the "Wi-Fi Networks" screen.
After completing these steps, in the future your device should automatically select the IU Secure network.
This is document axhr in the Knowledge Base.
Last modified on 2016-02-04 00:00:00.
- Fill out this form to submit your issue to the UITS Support Center.
- Please note that you must be affiliated with Indiana University to receive support.
- All fields are required.