IU Secure wireless connections: iOS (iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad)
Note: Apple uses the term iPhone to refer to the software and configuration of the iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad. Here, iPhone describes all these devices.
If you use an iPhone to connect to the wireless network at Indiana University, use the IU Secure network whenever possible.
Note: To gain full Internet access for your device on the IU network, you need to register the device's MAC address. Before doing so, your device will not receive an IP address that allows a successful Internet connection.
Enabling your iPhone to use IU Secure
Note: Before storing personal information in your iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad, the University Information Security Office strongly recommends configuring a passcode. See How can I secure my iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch?
- From the main screen, tap , and then tap .
- Under "Choose a Network...", tap .
- Next to "Username" and "Password", enter your IU Network ID credentials. Tap .
- You will be prompted to accept the
net-auth-1.noc.iu.eduClient Authentication certificate. Verify that the certificate says "Thawte Primary Root CA" under
net-auth-1.noc.iu.edu. The certificate will be red and labeled "not verified"; this is normal. Tap .
Once you have accepted the certificate, you will be authenticated to the IU Secure network, and a check will appear next toon the "Wi-Fi Networks" screen.
- Open Safari to complete the registration process.
After completing these steps, in the future your device should automatically select the IU Secure network.
This is document axhr in the Knowledge Base.
Last modified on 2014-09-16.
- Fill out this form to submit your issue to the UITS Support Center.
- Please note that you must be affiliated with Indiana University to receive support.
- All fields are required.