What is IU List, and how do I use it?
IU List replaced IU's LISTSERV service in spring 2012.
You can log into IU List using two different methods:
- IU credentials: To log into IU List using your primary email address at IU, click Network ID username and passphrase. ; this option allows you to log in with your
- Email login: For non-IU addresses or addresses which are not your primary address, use the email login option under "Log in with your IU List password:". The first time you use the email login feature, click , and then enter your email address. IU List will send you an email message; follow the directions in the message to create an IU List password. Do not use your IU Network ID passphrase as your IU List password.
You can manage your list via:
The web interface
To manage your mailing list, visit the IU List web interface for the campus where the mailing list is based (not necessarily your campus; see Why don't I see my mailing list on the IU List site?), and log in using one of the options described above.
- IU Bloomington: https://list.indiana.edu/
- IUPUI: https://list.iupui.edu/
- IU East: https://list.iue.edu/
- IU Kokomo: https://list.iuk.edu/
- IU Northwest: https://list.iun.edu/
- IUPUC: https://list.iupuc.edu/
- IU South Bend: https://list.iusb.edu/
- IU Southeast: https://list.ius.edu/
- IU (for lists at the IU.EDU domain): https://list.iu.edu/
You can also manage your lists via mail commands. Send your commands
firstname.lastname@example.org, etc.). For help with mail
commands, send email with the Subject line
HELP to the appropriate address. See On IU List, what commands are available via email?
For more, see:
- On IU List, how do I request a new mailing list?
- On IU List, how do I add or remove subscribers?
- On IU List, what subscription options are available, and how can I set them?
- On IU List, how do I manage my list subscriptions?
This is document bbto in the Knowledge Base.
Last modified on 2015-04-15.
- Fill out this form to submit your issue to the UITS Support Center.
- Please note that you must be affiliated with Indiana University to receive support.
- All fields are required.