At IU, how can I get university-licensed software?
- Use IUanyWare.
IUanyWare is a client virtualization (CV)
service available to Indiana University students, faculty, and
staff. With IUanyWare, you can use a web browser or mobile app to run
certain IU-licensed software applications without having to install
them on your computer or mobile device.
To determine whether specific software is available, search for the title within IUanyWare.
- Download it free of charge from IUware. IUware is a software distribution service for Indiana University students, faculty, and staff. IUware offers a wide variety of software packages at no charge, including site-licensed products from Adobe, Microsoft, Thomson Reuters, and others. Software packages include programs for reading email and web browsing, as well as antivirus and office applications. The university pays for the relevant licenses through agreements with vendors; this allows students, faculty, and staff to use the programs available through IUware free of charge. The IUware server is regularly updated, so patches and upgrades for IU-supported software are consistently available.
- Purchase software at discounted prices on CD or DVD:
- At your campus bookstore: You will need to show either your valid university ID, or a photo ID and a schedule of classes proving current enrollment; to ensure that you can adequately prove enrollment, contact the bookstore prior to purchasing.
- By mail: See IUware Off-Campus Software Ordering. Allow 7-10 days for delivery. All sales are final.
- Visit the STCs (Student Technology Centers). For more about the STCs (e.g., locations, lists of available software, hours), see Welcome to the Student Technology Centers.
- Some software is available at the walk-in Support Center in Bloomington.
- Students with the status "currently enrolled or registered for a future semester" according to the Office of the Registrar; if your access is denied, this means the registrar's records indicate that you do not meet this requirement
- Faculty with the status "presently employed by IU"
- Retired faculty (but not retired staff); for more, see About access to IU resources for official IU retirees
- Staff who use a computer at work and have the status "presently employed at IU"
This is document aclo in the Knowledge Base.
Last modified on 2015-02-27.
- Fill out this form to submit your issue to the UITS Support Center.
- Please note that you must be affiliated with Indiana University to receive support.
- All fields are required.