Canvas at IU help menu
The following is a small selection of content. For more, search the full Knowledge Base.
On this page:
- Knowledge Base resources
- Transitioning from Oncourse to Canvas
- Accessing Canvas
- Canvas course sites
- Pilots available in Canvas
- Canvas Guides
Knowledge Base resources
Documents in the Knowledge Base focus on information specific to Indiana University's implementation of Canvas. For general Canvas instructions, consult the Canvas Guides.
- At IU, what is Canvas, and how can I get help with it?
- In Canvas, what capabilities are available?
- File storage in Canvas
- Permissions and roles in Canvas
- About Canvas releases
- How do I submit a Canvas feature request?
- Default notification settings in Canvas
- At IU, why am I not receiving Canvas notifications?
- Staying connected with Canvas
Transitioning from Oncourse to Canvas
- About the transition from Oncourse to Canvas
- Using the Canvas Migration tool
- Reviewing and revising migrated courses in Canvas
- Following the Oncourse retirement, how can I preserve content from my project, course, and portfolio sites?
- How are my migrated files organized in the Canvas Files tool?
- Migrating YouTube videos from Oncourse Lessons to Canvas Modules
- Where is it in Canvas?
- How do I access Canvas at IU from a computer or mobile device?
- About access to Canvas for department administrators
- Using Canvas at IU, how do I make content publicly accessible?
Canvas course sites
- In Canvas, how do I create a new course site or change the expiration date for a course I created?
- In Canvas, how do I cross-list classes using the Cross-listing Assistant?
- In Canvas at IU, how do I add a new user to my course?
- Restricting TA grading to specific sections
- Enabling Echo360 in Canvas
- In Canvas, how do I submit final grades via a file upload?
- What external tools are available in Canvas?
- Adding a web resource to your course navigation in Canvas
- Adding external tools to your course in Canvas
- Adding an External App to your course or account in Canvas
- In Canvas, how do I add a link to my course navigation that sends information to an external application?
- In Canvas, how do I recover missing, deleted, or overwritten content?
- How can my department automate enrollments for non-credit courses in Canvas?
- In Canvas, when can students and instructors access courses?
Pilots available in Canvas
For instructions for common tasks in Canvas, see the Canvas Guides, including the following resources for specific topics.
- Attendance (Roll Call)
- Course Import Tool
- Course Navigation
- Course Statistics
- External Apps
- Global Navigation
- Notification Preferences
- Rich Content Editor
This is document bexp in the Knowledge Base.
Last modified on 2017-02-14 10:11:56.
- Fill out this form to submit your issue to the UITS Support Center.
- Please note that you must be affiliated with Indiana University to receive support.
- All fields are required.